Most of the time, lists of great quotes usually include deep, insightful commentary—the kind you’d find in memorable life quotes or love quotes. Today, we have something a bit more, shall we say, stupid. That’s right—we’re counting down our 13 favorite quotes on stupidity. Add your own favorites by leaving a comment!
1. “There is nothing so stupid as the educated man if you get him off the thing he was educated in.”–Will Rogers
That’s right college boy, don’t try to front like you’re smarter than you really are.
2. “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.”–Ralph Waldo Emerson
I like being around my close friends because I don’t have to be “on” all the time like I have to when I’m around strangers.
3. “A word to the wise ain’t necessary – it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”–Bill Cosby
Tell it like it is, Mr. Huxtable!
4. “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”–Albert Einstein
Stupid people aren’t going away any time soon. You just have to deal with that sad little fact.
5. “If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”–Scott Adams
This takes on the feel-goodery that’s become so prominent in our country these days. “There’s so such thing as a stupid question.” BS!
6. “Success in almost any field depends more on energy and drive than it does on intelligence. This explains why we have so many stupid leaders.”–Sloan Wilson
7. “How is it that little children are so intelligent and men so stupid? It must be education that does it.”–Alexandre Dumas
Wait…so you mean to tell me that our education system isn’t the greatest in the world? Color me shocked.
8. “Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.”–Elbert Hubbard
Don’t believe it? Just flip on the Jerry Springer Show or watch an episode of Maury. There are some dumb people floating around in this country.
9. “The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.”–Bertrand Russell
Stupid people are too stupid to realize that their ideas are stupid.
10. “In politics stupidity is not a handicap.”–Napoleon Bonaparte
We like to think the best and the brightest lead our country, but like George Carlin once said “Garbage in, garbage out.” I guess we get the leaders we deserve.
11. “Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung.”–Voltaire
I didn’t know Voltaire listened to Nickelback! Talk about some stupid lyrics.
12. “You may be sure that the Americans will commit all the stupidities they can think of, plus some that are beyond imagination.”–Charles de Gaulle
What’s that Frenchie? I can’t hear you because I’m too busy chomping down on my freedom fries.
13. “If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn’t have a job if he was any smarter.”–Albert A. Grant
Such a truthful quote. How many people do you know who are constantly complaining about how stupid their boss is? I know quite a few, and the truth is, they aren’t too bright either.
Have you heard any other great quotes on stupidity? Share your favorites by leaving a comment.