You might not recognize the name Larry David when you first hear it, but you’re sure to be at least somewhat familiar with his work. David was the co-creator and true genius behind one of the most popular sitcoms ever created, Seinfeld. After he left Seinfeld, David went on to create another brilliant series, Curb Your Enthusiasm, where he stars as himself.
Without a doubt, Larry David is one of the most important people in American comedy. And as such, it’s not surprising that he’s had some hilarious things to say along the way.
Check out these funny Larry David quotes, and then add your favorites by leaving a comment below.
1. “I don’t like talking to people I KNOW, but strangers, I have no problem with.”
2. “Hear the birds? Sometimes I like to pretend that I’m deaf and I try to imagine what it’s like not to be able to hear them. It’s not that bad.”
3. “Well, I… I thought this was over at death. I didn’t know we went into eternity together. Isn’t that what it said in… “’til death do us part, “
4. “Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man – there’s your diamond in the rough.”
5. “I’d rather have the thieves than the neighbors – the thieves don’t impose. Thieves just want your things, neighbors want your time.”
6. “I’m surprised Hitler didn’t round up the toupee people.”
7. “Why not just pray for the TV? Why even have someone come in and fix the television?”
8. “Do you think we really needed Alaska and Hawaii? They gotta ruin everything. They ruined the continental United States. Ruined it!”
9. “You throw in a “f**k,” you double your laughs”
10. “I don’t tell my wife anything. I don’t confide in her. I don’t trust anybody. I just treat her like an acquaintance.”
What are some of your favorite Larry David quotes? Share them by leaving a comment below.